Should I attend?
- Whether you’ve been widowed at least 1 year or many, many years
- If you’ve attended other grief support groups, but still wonder “will it ever get better?”
- When you are stuck or feeling guilty
- If you are ready to reflect on the impact your spouse’s death has had on your own life
- If you are open to sharing your story, and hearing from others who’ve been widowed
The Weekend Experience
WHAT TO EXPECT
A 2-day workshop and spiritual retreat
Unlike other grief support groups following the death of a loved one, Joyful Again! is only for widows and widowers. Each segment along the way is facilitated by a team member who is compassionate and understanding. Each member of our team has also been widowed: They have walked the walk.
The Joyful Again! Orlando retreat is an overnight retreat at San Pedro Spirituality Center, 5 Bishop Grady Ln, Winter Park, FL32792. – Saturday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM and Sunday from 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM with overnight accommodations.
- Welcoming peer ministers
- Video presentations
- Private journaling
- Small group sharing
- Fellowship, meals and snacks
- Optional prayer service
I will always miss my wife, but the guilt about being “OK” is going away.
- Married 6 years -
The presentations and exercises are designed to help you recognize new direction for your life while still treasuring memories of your husband or wife.
Prayer, Forgiveness, Thanksgiving
During the two day retreat, you are invited to join optional prayer services or Liturgy. While our founders were Catholic, we are an ecumenical organization. Our participants are usually a mix of people of various persuasions.
What does it cost?
All fees include cost of materials, overnight accommodations, snacks, and 5 meals.
- $145 Double Room
- $185 private room
- $110 Commuter – no overnight accommodations
- Cost adjustments may be available for special circumstances.
- Preregistration is required.